Deception
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mage Application - Cherrycoke

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cherrycoke

Mage Application - Cherrycoke Empty
PostSubject: Mage Application - Cherrycoke   Mage Application - Cherrycoke EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 6:10 am

About your character

Character name (include armory link): Cherrycoke

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Cherrycoke/advanced

Race, class and spec: Mage Blood Elf

Professions and skill level: 610 Enchanting
600 Jewlcrafting

Why do you play your class and spec?: I have played this character since I started world of warcraft YEARS ago.

Is this your main? If so, do you have any alts, and if not, what is your main?: Yes this is my main, it has been for years, I am leveling a mistweaver monk for fun in spare time, but this gets all of my effort.

Outline an overview of your rotation: I am currently raiding with fire as it is the best dps output, it consists of keeping up a single dot and trying to proc instant pyroblasts as often as possible. It does take a little bit of prediction and experience sometimes.

Tell us about any specific choices you've made regarding your class, whether it be gem selections or spec details: I have decided to reforge and gem to get pure crit during this expansion, I have not bothered with haste as I used to in the past as it does not seem very beneficial in this patch.

About you

Tell us a bit about yourself: (hobbies etc.) I am currently at university training to be a Podiatrist [Foot Doctor]. My hobby is skiing but its damn expensive so I never get to go lol.

Do you have any problem with communicating in English?: I perfect speak englash.

Raiding

Are you able to make the raid days mentioned in the other thread?: Yes

What is your raiding experience, past and present?: It would take forever to list every single raid, but in summary in every expansion I have always been in a top 10, usually top 5 guild.

In MoP I have experience with the first two bosses killed on Heroic and have spent many hours progressing on the troll heroic. Best try was 12% ! Sad
I have also done all normals. I see your guild is at the same stage that I am at for progression so hopefully we can get that damn troll down. Stupid dps check.

Are you willing to use an offspec that would benefit progression?: Yes

We use Teamspeak 3 during raids, are you able to use this?: Yes

Do you have a microphone? (not mandatory but is useful): Yes

General questions

Why Deception?: I would like to join your guild due to your progress and your guilds stability.

Do you know of any of our members?: I do not but hope to make some new friends.

Which guilds have you previously been a part of and why are you no longer a member?: I was in fleetwood which was very fun, we made some good progress. A while ago Oursickstory said they had looked at my very old application and a space had opened up and they asked if I would like to join and I took a chance and decided to move over due to their good progress at the time. I didnt get on so well with their guild but obviously couldn't go back to the guild I had left. I take changing guilds very seriously and it wasnt a decision I made lightly, hopefully if you can offer me a trial I will become a permanent member.

[b]Any additional information that you would like to add about yourself or anything else: I just hope that you can offer me a trial so that I can prove my self. I understand you may have a stable raid team but I believe I would be a good contribution to your guild. If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask me.

Mage Application - Cherrycoke Wo_WScrn_Shot_100712_190738

[Edit: Forgot to mention, /played 443 days! Sorta proud of that haha]
Back to top Go down
Jake
Admin

Mage Application - Cherrycoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Application - Cherrycoke   Mage Application - Cherrycoke EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:19 pm

Hello and thank you for the application. Before we take the process any further, I would like to discuss a few things about your application.

The first of which regards the 'overview of your rotation' section. The information you have provided could be garnered by reading the skill tool tips. We generally look for something a little more in depth here, especially when it concerns a DPS class.

The next is regarding the raiding experience you have provided. I've taken a look at your armory and the information found there doesn't seem to match up with what you have provided. I'm assuming you transferred here recently (most likely from Outland/Stormscale/Frostmane - correct me if I'm wrong) but 6/8 Dragon Soul heroic would not warrant a top 5, neither a top 10 spot on any of those servers. In fact, you'd be pushed to find any server where that would warrant any form of respectable ranking especially after the amount of nerfs that hit DS. Some guilds that are unable to clear MSV normal were even able to kill Madness heroic during the 35% nerf.

Along with that, I don't think any of your Cataclysm experience is relevant. The majority of the heroic kills from BWD/BoT/Firelands etc. were gained during MoP. Admittedly you have a fair amount of kills from early Wrath but this isn't really relevant experience any more.

The final thing I'd like to bring up is the fact that you've been a member of three guilds within the space of a month. You may have valid enough reasons for switching in quick succession but this doesn't really create a good impression when we're looking for dedicated raiders.

Anyway, I see you've joined Immersion so I'm unsure if this post was even necessary but feel free to respond to my points if you're still serious about furthering your application.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
https://deceptionwow.forumotion.co.uk

Mage Application - Cherrycoke
Page 1 of 1