Deception
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Application: DK tank

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Deathbringêr

Application: DK tank Empty
PostSubject: Application: DK tank   Application: DK tank EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:36 am

Hello, I am a 398 item level Deathkinght tank (mainspec) and 396 dps (frost/ offspec) who'd like to join you. I had stopped WoW for 2 months now and i just started playing again. My current progress is 6/8 heroic and 8/8 normal on Dragonsoul raid. Once you read my application I'd be glad to have an ingame chat by any of your officers/members telling me if I meet your requirements needed so far and maybe provide you with any other needed information in order to have a final decision whether i'm joining your guild or not. Thank you for reading this, have a good day Smile
Back to top Go down
Deathbringêr

PostSubject: Armory Link   Application: DK tank EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:39 am

Oh, and by the way this is my armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Deathbring%C3%AAr/simple
it might not show my blood (tank) gear
Back to top Go down
Jake
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Application: DK tank   Application: DK tank EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:45 am

Hello. If you would have taken the time to read the stickied threads or even other applications then you'd see we have a template that is required for potential applicants to follow. This is not a good application, so either update it with the correct format or seek a spot in another guild that doesn't take the application process as seriously, which you clearly don't.
Back to top Go down
https://deceptionwow.forumotion.co.uk
Deathbringêr

PostSubject: Application   Application: DK tank EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 9:03 am

Well, i thought I could have skipped some steps since i had applied to the guild again around 2 months ago when it has 6/8 hc progress and i was accepted but i stopped playing WoW because of time issues, I'm terribly sorry
Here's a new one:

Character name (include armory link): Deathbringêr
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Deathbring%C3%AAr/simple
it might not show my blood (tank) gear

Race, class and spec: Tauren, Deathknight, Blood

Professions and skill level: Mining: 525 Blacksmithing: 137

Why do you play your class and spec?: Well, first of all, I've tried all of the tanking classes and i can assure you that a Blood Deathknight can be the most interesting one since they receive many twists from patch to patch making it more attractive and not getting you bored. I've had a Deathknight since the arrival of the WotLK expansion.

Is this your main? If so, do you have any alts, and if not, what is your main?: This is my main character, I've got many alts but they're all below level 85

Outline an overview of your rotation:
For Single-Target Tanking: Horn of Winter, Bone Shield, Dark Command, Anti-Magic Shell, Outbreak, Deathstrike (untill i'm out of runes), Death Coil (until i'm out of runic power), Deathstrike (untill i'm out of runes), Empower Rune Weapon, Deathstrike (untill i'm out of runes) and it goes on and on
For Multi-Target Tanking: Horn of Winter, Bone Shield, Death and Decay, Anti-Magic Shell, Outbreak, Pestilence, Heart Strike (spam untill out of runes), Death Coil (spam untill out of runes), Blood Boil (whenever it's rune-free), Empower Rune Weapon) and start all over again

Tell us about any specific choices you've made regarding your class, whether it be gem selections or spec details:
My gem and enchant priorities are Mastery>Dodge=Parry>Stamina

Tell us a bit about yourself: (hobbies etc.) Well, first of all i love all kinds of sports. Especially basketball. I like hanging out with friends and having fun

Do you have any problem with communicating in English?: I don't have any problems with communicating in English. My only communication problem is that i can't use Ventrillo. I can use Skype, Teamspeak, Raidcall etc.

Are you able to make the raid days mentioned in the other thread?: Yes

What is your raiding experience, past and present?: My current raiding exp. is 6/8 HC Dragonsoul. I Started Raiding normally during Firelands in which i had 2/7 Before Dragonsoul came out.

Are you willing to use an offspec that would benefit progression?: Ofcourse. I'm trying to achieve having an offspec gear equal to the mainspec one for situations like these.

We use Teamspeak 3 during raids, are you able to use this?: Yes

Do you have a microphone? (not mandatory but is useful): Yes

Why Deception?: I was about to join you 2 months ago (before stopping WoW). It was the first guild that came to me while thinking about raiding so i checked it up and now, here I am Smile

Do you know of any of our members?: Darkbehemoth, we used to be in Arise together couple months ago

Which guilds have you previously been a part of and why are you no longer a member?: I was a part of Rehabilitated for several weeks but i had couple disagreements with the guild leader so I got kicked. Then i joined Arise up untill you had same progress as them (6/8 hc) but they remained in the same spot, not making any more progress

Any additional information that you would like to add about yourself or anything else: I've said pretty much anything, have a good night Smile

Back to top Go down
Jake
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Application: DK tank   Application: DK tank EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:53 am

Hello and thank you for changing your application.

First of all I'd like to bring up what you said about that you were 'accepted' into our guild. If I remember correctly you answered my recruitment macro and at the time we were not recruiting any tanks. I told you that there was probably no room for you and the best I could do was message you back at a later time telling you what the outcome would be. After that, I did not see you online again to tell you that we hadn't a spot for another tank. I don't know how you've managed to interpret this as acceptance to the guild but you are wildly mistaken.

Your application isn't too bad though I'm not sure we have room for another tank, especially since we have another tank already under consideration. I'd like to know you came about the above understanding though. I'd also like to ask why you don't include Rune Strike in your rotation and you've used Deathcoil instead. What's the reasoning behind this?
Back to top Go down
Jake
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Application: DK tank   Application: DK tank EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 2:26 am

We've just had another look through your glyph choices and you've actually glyphed Rune Strike despite it not being a part of your rotation. Surely Deathcoil would be more optimal for your skill choice. You also don't have the glyph of AMS when a big chunk of damage in Dragon Soul, especially heroic, is magic based.
Back to top Go down
Deathbringêr

PostSubject: Application   Application: DK tank EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:10 am

Oh, well, if i'm not mistake you told me that my progress and gear were good and i was good enough to join the guild but you didn't know if i there was a spot. By "accepted" i meant that i had what you were asking for even though there was no spot, sorry for the misunderstanding if you meant something else.

I prefer using Death Coil because i find it extremely easy in terms of use since many bosses require you to constantly keep moving and since Rune Strike has a short range. I use Rune Strike in bosses where there's not much moving included but i prefer Death Coil in the rest bosses.

Last edited by Deathbringêr on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jake
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Application: DK tank   Application: DK tank EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:39 am

What raid have you been tanking? Every boss in Dragon Soul requires little to no movement for tanks. Morchok there's very little movement, Yor'sahj and Zon'ozz there's none, likewise with Hagara and Ultraxion, Blackhorn requires you to somewhat move around but for the majority of tanking on the fight you're stood still, Spine you're stood still tanking the Amalgamation and Madness is another stationary fight.
Back to top Go down
Deathbringêr

PostSubject: Application: DK tank   Application: DK tank EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 5:52 am

Well, there are several pick up mobs etc during the bosses. The bosses require rune strike but picking up adds requires deathcoil, death command or death grip. i usually don't prefer to use death grip in order to have a taunt for emergencies. So i either use deathcoil or death command which has several seconds cooldown making death coil ideal for generating some threat in order to bring couple adds to me
Back to top Go down
Pinkzor

PostSubject: Re: Application: DK tank   Application: DK tank EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:07 pm

This was my first impression of you

Deathbringêr wrote:
Hello, I am a 398 item level Deathkinght tank (mainspec) and 396 dps (frost/ offspec) who'd like to join you. I had stopped WoW for 2 months now and i just started playing again. My current progress is 6/8 heroic and 8/8 normal on Dragonsoul raid. Once you read my application I'd be glad to have an ingame chat by any of your officers/members telling me if I meet your requirements needed so far and maybe provide you with any other needed information in order to have a final decision whether i'm joining your guild or not. Thank you for reading this, have a good day Smile

Application: DK tank Wtf_is_this_shit2_RE_73_Million_Sharks_Killed_Every_Year-s468x349-71815

Have you ever heard the term first impression ? Generally people throw right back at you what you give to them.

Against my better judgement went ahead and read your application.

Deathbringêr wrote:
Well, there are several pick up mobs etc during the bosses. The bosses require rune strike but picking up adds requires deathcoil, death command or death grip. i usually don't prefer to use death grip in order to have a taunt for emergencies. So i either use deathcoil or death command which has several seconds cooldown making death coil ideal for generating some threat in order to bring couple adds to me

Gonna keep this simple

Morchok : No adds
Yor'shaz : No tankable adds
Zonozz : 1 Add that you care about which spawns roughly once per week
Hagara : See Zonozz section
Ultraxion : No adds
Warmaster : 4 adds that spawn rougly ever 90 seconds . Surely you can manage smth
Spine : You either have 4097234097204 adds to tank which means you use aoe skills or you got 1 mob to tank every 2 min or so again.
Madness : 1 Add that spawns once each time the Halley's comet passes our solar system and a pack of adds that requires aoe to tank partly cause its 5+ mobs and partly due to the fight mechanics.

What instance have YOU been tanking then ? You got asked a very specific question and you gave a vague answer that is based on idk anything but DS
Back to top Go down
Jake
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Application: DK tank   Application: DK tank EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:59 pm

I think the picture Pink posted pretty much sums up your whole application. We wish you luck in finding a new guild and for your sake let's hope they don't read this thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application: DK tank   Application: DK tank Empty

Back to top Go down

Application: DK tank
Page 1 of 1