Deception
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Protection warrior

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wahrah

Protection warrior Empty
PostSubject: Protection warrior   Protection warrior EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 2:44 am

About your character

Character name (include armory link):
Wahrah http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Wahrah/simple

Race, class and spec:
Warrior Tauren. Protection (also got good Dps gear)

Professions and skill level:
Enchanting,Jewelcrafting, all secondary proffesions. Everything is on maximum skill.
Got Alchemy, Tailoring, Herb, Mining, Inscription on my alts.

Why do you play your class and spec?:
I tried a warrior in WoTLK and kinda fell in love with it. I always played my char as protection because I think a good tank can make a job really easy for whole group and wanted to bring my gaming skills to that level. I did some offspec Dpsing in FL and DS and learned abit about arms and fury (still some things to improve that Very Happy)

Is this your main? If so, do you have any alts, and if not, what is your main?:
Yeah this is my main. I got few other alts on 85 lvl but i mostly use them for professions or when I want to relax abit and try something new. Atm I got Priest, shaman, druid and mage. Leveling a lock now and later a hunter.

Outline an overview of your rotation:
I rarely start encounter with Charge. It does give you extra rage but puts a Global CD on my abi and I can lose threat.I start the fight with a macro which includes Rage Potion, Shout(depends on what the raid needs), Recklessness, Inner Rage and Heroic Leap which gives me full rage and high start damage - high threat. But I don't use it for every encounter. Recklessness is abit risky on hagara so i skip that one for her. I always include or exclude something depending on fight.After that I use rend + tunder clap for rend spread+debuff and pop demo shout. (If ppl open up with high dps i usually postpone the TC (but never when multiple targets) and Demo. Than its Devistate, HS/Cleave (again depends on fight), SS, Revenge spam and refreshing the debuffs. I like to pop shield block when my SS procs for extra damage. If i really need SB as CD than I wait with it ofc. I am always aware on my CD. I try to use my Shield Wall when there is high raid damge so I help abit out with that.

Tell us about any specific choices you've made regarding your class, whether it be gem selections or spec details:
My spec is very flexible. I use different talents for different fights. Atm i got prot and arms but if I start raiding again i will get my double prot spec back. My gem selection is curently focused around mastery. I did so to please my former raid leader because he wanted me full mastery. But at this point im def capped and im putting some more gems/reforges into stamina and expertise. For reforging it goes again the same. Mastery over everything and I try to have parry and dodge abit balanced. I did try and played with the macro abit and found out that dodge gave me more CtC cap, on the other hand parry better because of the talent Hold the Line. I'm always open up for any suggestions and regemming or reforging (got enough money Very Happy)

About you

Vito

Tell us a bit about yourself: (hobbies etc.)
I'm a university student living with my brother in our own flat.I play drumms and cello. My hobbies don't take up much of my time.

Do you have any problem with communicating in English?:
No. I speak and understand english fluently.

Raiding

Are you able to make the raid days mentioned in the other thread?:
In general yes. It will depend on what schedule my university gives me for next year.

What is your raiding experience, past and present?:
I will only write those which counted as progress at that time

BC:
Kara, Grull, Mag

Wotlk:
Naxx,Malygos,OS full clears including OS3D
ToC
ICC 11/12 HC

Cata:
4.0 1/13 HC
FL 6/7 HC (hc after they were nerfed, had some problems in guild)
DS 6/8 HC

Are you willing to use an offspec that would benefit progression?:
As I mentioned before I got gear and I did some offspec dpsing with fury and arms so I know all 3 specs.

We use Teamspeak 3 during raids, are you able to use this?:
Yes.

Do you have a microphone? (not mandatory but is useful):
Yes.

General questions

Why Deception?:
I finally want to get in a team that has the guts to bring the game to the end. As you can see I raided since WotLK but never got to the end of the content. I checked abit out and found out you need a tank (hopefully its not outdated Very Happy) I see you are a dedicated group of people and want to join aboard to conquer MoP.

Do you know of any of our members?:
I know a Shadow Priest that recently applied, Darkbehemot.( don't know if he is your member yet )

Which guilds have you previously been a part of and why are you no longer a member?:
I've been in Guilty as Sin at start of Cata. Than I had a guild called Last Legion with my friends for FL and start of DS but it all fel apart when they started quitting. After that I joined Arise but guild is falling apart etc. etc. meaning same crap again as in Last Legion.

Any additional information that you would like to add about yourself or anything else:
Nothing special. I was an officer in Last Legion so I know abit about stocking supplies for raiding. I do alot of fishing so I supplied both Last Legion and Arise with fish feasts.
Back to top Go down
monstermatt

monstermatt

Protection warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protection warrior   Protection warrior EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 12:01 pm

gl man looks good!
Back to top Go down
Jake
Admin

Protection warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protection warrior   Protection warrior EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:12 am

Hello, thank you for the application. We'll look through it and someone will be replying in due time.
Back to top Go down
https://deceptionwow.forumotion.co.uk
Jake
Admin

Protection warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protection warrior   Protection warrior EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 8:25 am

Disregard the previous post if you had read it before the edit. Give me a shout next time you see me (Zaluchi) in game and I'd like to have a chat.

Last edited by Jake on Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://deceptionwow.forumotion.co.uk
Pinkzor

Protection warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protection warrior   Protection warrior EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 8:35 am

I do not if this is of any importance since oyu already replied BUT!

Hereoic Leap is outside of the gdc so you can charge and leap or even leap and charge (yes in that order ) Also since3 you like complex starting macros ( that is a plus btw) you can put heroic throw in there since it is also out of the GDC and is a free ability with HIGH threat. Generally i suggest you start working on it and ALWAYS use charge on the start . Free rage is Free rage + it goes on gdc the momment you press it so you rly do not lose any relevant dps time.

Also what are your thoughts on Safeguard ? Why 1/2 on it ? Usualy people either go all in on it or skip it . How come you consider it worth taking but only 1/2 ?

Back to top Go down
wahrah

Protection warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protection warrior   Protection warrior EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:01 am

Heia. At the moment I am busy with few exams and also my gamecard is out. Will be back online in a week or so and can wisper you than.

Yeah I know that free rage is free rage, but usually im always almost full when I pop the potion and shout. But I will defenetly try to do what you say because I'm curious now how it will work Very Happy. I also use Heroic throw yeah i forgot to mention that.

I checked some of applys here and I knew this question about safeguard was comming from Pinkzor Very Happy The talets you see on battle.net are not the most common I know. Those are for spine that we were trying where they wanted me to do alot of damage on oozes. The 1/2 is a talent I spent because I had 1 left over. I know that safeguard is great for almost every fight. That's why I run with double protection spec when I raid and I defently have 2/2 safeguard there.

If you need any more info from me you can post it here. I will check forum from time to time till I come back online in wow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Protection warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protection warrior   Protection warrior Empty

Back to top Go down

Protection warrior
Page 1 of 1