Deception
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Protection/Arms Warrior application

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jarkhal

Protection/Arms Warrior application Empty
PostSubject: Protection/Arms Warrior application   Protection/Arms Warrior application EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:10 am

About your character

Character name: Járkhal

Race, class and spec: Orc warrior-protection/arms

Professions and skill level: Bs(525)-Mining(525)

Why do you play your class and spec?: I chose to play a warrior cause for me is the best class in WoW,plus the ability to play tank and dps when needed.My first character was rogue though but when i started playing my warrior i fell in love with him,so i concentrated most of my time to get better and learn more things about warriors.
Now about my specc:My main specc is protection,using a talent tree choice of 2/5/34 and my secondary Arms(31/7/3).The protection specc is still discussable depending on the fight,meaning that for an aoe fight a talent option could be •Blood and Thunder and Thunderstruck: If i need strong AoE threat and/or the ability to hold aggro while kiting a group of mobs, these talents are extremely helpful. While these were basically a "must-have" in Wrath, the importance of CC and the lowered frequency of AoEing down elites means that their usefulness is now more situational. These two talents compliment each other and should generally be taken together to maximize their effect.
•Gag Order: While an invaluable talent for pulling caster mobs, its usefulness is limited everywhere else. Great for trash, often worthless for bosses.
•Blood Craze: While it's questionable whether or not the minor health regen is worth the three talent points, what isn't questionable is that this talent has much more uptime when you're getting hit frequently.I use it for trash or adds-based encounters;i don't bother when i am fighting a lone boss.
•Rude Interruption: Situational, but essentially 5% free damage when applicable. One point should be sufficient to provide high uptime.
•Piercing Howl: Very situational, but excellent when a dedicated kiting role is required. Best to swap in the Piercing Howl glyph when you expect to use it in an upcoming encounter.
Now for single target i would focus mostly on •War Academy and Incite: These two talents significantly improve the damage of HS/Cleave, and thus are great for boosting single-target threat. Keep in mind however that when Inner Rage is active your usage of rage dumps will become less frequent, and the benefit of these talents will be reduced accordingly.
•Safeguard: This talent's effectiveness ranges from mostly worthless to unbelievably awesome. Best used in a raid encounter on a fellow tank who is anticipating a large burst of damage.
•Deep Wounds: This talent provides a good chunk of added DPS over the course of a boss fight. However, it does not play nice with CC, and the manner in which it provides its damage -- a DoT with a ramp-up time -- means that it will not aid in the initial snap threat that is required for a mob to actually stick to you. Considering that Vengeance as a mechanic was specifically designed to make sustained aggro irrelevant, this talent may be obsolete from a threat perspective. Use it when your personal DPS matters, most notably against 5-man bosses.

Is this your main? If so, do you have any alts, and if not, what is your main?: Yes jarkhal is main char.I have some alts though which would be considered a + for me: Fireblade (83lvl rogue on TH realm), Spiritkiller(85lvl druid on Lightning's Blade)

About you

Antonis
Tell us a bit about yourself: (hobbies etc.)
As i mentioned above i am 23 years old,i live in Greece and i work as an accountant.In my spare time i usually play WoW,going for some drinking Razz and i used to be a semi-professional football player so i still play football to keep myself fit.I work as an accountant in a company while cooperating with my father who happens to be also an accountant.

Do you have any problem with communicating in English?:
Not at all.

Raiding

Are you able to make the raid days mentioned in the other thread?: Definetely,no problem at all.

What is your raiding experience, past and present?:
I will include what i have done with both my warrior and rogue,so:
Vanilla:
Mc:cleared
Zul'gurub:Cleared
Onyxia:Cleared
BwL:Cleared

Tbc: Karazhan:Cleared
Magtheridon:Cleared
Gruul:Cleared
SSc:Cleared
Zul'aman:cleared
BT:Cleared
Sunwell:Cleared

Wotlk:All content cleared including Heroic and some really worth trying achievements
Cataclysm:All cleared except Nefarian
In Firelands i stopped playing wow due to real life issues but i have done in ds release some 4/7 normal and 2/7 hc
Ds:8/8 normal and 5/8 hc
Are you willing to use an offspec that would benefit progression?:
I would definetely be using an offspec that would benefit progression and that would be arms or prot.Whatever is needed.
We use Teamspeak 3 during raids, are you able to use this?:

Do you have a microphone? (not mandatory but is useful):
Yes i do.
General questions

Why Deception?: I really want to be a part of a guild that concentrates on progress while being a semi-hardcore one and in the meanwhile being mature and friendly as players.

Do you know of any of our members?: No one to be honest.

Which guilds have you previously been a part of and why are you no longer a member?:
My story starts at Twilight's hammer realm with my rogue and i was part of :No guns blazing and Inevitably during vanilla and tbc
With my warrior in wotlk and in:
Genjuros realm:Infernals,Legion of Lunatics
Lightning's Blade realm:Myst
Vasj realm:Mojo Madness
Twilight's Hammer realm:Inevitably,No guns blazing,Ninja dolphs dojo,Reunion
The reason i left those guilds was mostly lack of progress and disbanding.At the moment i am a member of Cicle of Nerzhul(social rank) and i am looking for a more stable guild at raiding with more willing to raid,that's why i chose you guys.

Any additional information that you would like to add about yourself or anything else:
I would like to add some things that would be considered a + to my application:
1)Explain how your class works (purpose, gear choices, stats, play style etc):As a tank my stats priority tend to be:Stamina ≥ Mastery > Parry ≥ Dodge ,but i am also aware of my expertise,hit for my threat,meaning that:Threat Stat Priority:

Expertise > Hit >>> Strength > Crit

My interrupt priority is:Spell Reflection > Pummel > Shockwave > Concussion Blow

Now as for dps specc:My rotation specc priority is:Charge(to gain Juggernaut)-bleed-switch to berseker stance-Mortal strike-Deadly calm-heroic strike-battle stance to use overpower cd at 4sec,so not to miss it and slam after i reach slaughter at 3stacks.My gemming and gear choice mostly relies on Strength-crit-mastery without though ignoring hit and expertise.
2)Armory Profile:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/J%c3%a1rkhal/simple
3)Addons i use:Omen,Dbm,Recount,Bartender4,ForteWarrior,Cd timer,Interrupt Bar.
4)Here is a screenshot of my Ui,not too "fresh" but this is all i have cause i changed computer: https://imgur.com/MwHjr

Back to top Go down
Pinkzor

PostSubject: Re: Protection/Arms Warrior application   Protection/Arms Warrior application EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:54 am

Hello there your application seems nice and its glad to finally see another warrior who appreciates safeguard . Although it is never completely useless it just usually requires you to keep an eye out for who to intervene.
Just in DS for example :

Morchok : Intervene the the guy who is on soak duty or even intervene someone in the crystal to get them to take less dmg.

Yor'shaj : Pretty much any red and black phase has good intervene targets.

Zonoz : Any melee with debuffs or even just any melee 30% less dmg taken is 30% less healing done and so on.

Hagara : If you are not 2 tanking this the only use here is someone who has gather high ice lance stacks

Ultraxion : Soakers again

Warmster : Other tank , twilight onslaught , barages blah blah blah tons of dmg to everyone in the fight so just pick one and intervene its a 90% chance its gonna be usefull

Spine : High aoe dmg to everybody ? check , Gripped targets taking insane amounts of dmg ? check , Tank taking stupid amounts of dmg from high stacked mob ? check

Madness : I m p a l e , intense aoe dmg.

Regarding your talents and ui

Why do you not have safeguard ?

Why only 1/2 imp revenge ?

Why impeding victory ?

Why are you lacking keybindings ? More specifically

Healthstone , you usually need those in some sort of emergency it would make sence to have them keybound
Rallying Cry , same as healthstone
Golemblood i can see that not being keybound as you only get to use it once or twice per fight if you pre-pot and its also on a timed manner but the thing is its not even on your bars
Charge , i noticed you got intercept on 1 . Is that really needed ? I mean 1 is such reachable key its usually better to have a frequently used ability there. Also charge provides rage + juggernaut where as intercept costs rage and does not provide juggernaut
Heroic Leap , we usually use leap more to get from point a to point b quickly so we save time and reduce our dps downtime . It would make more sence again to have it keybound so you can keypress and already have the mouse where you want to leap to .

Also i not see any keybinds on the stances nor do i see your abilities to be macroed for stance swapping . That makes me assume you change stances manually if not please let me know.
For example you could use in zerker stance

#showtooltip Rend
/startattack
/cast Battle Stance
/cast Rend

Lastly when you already mention that aggro is irrelevant at Cataclysm why do you consider a + in your application to mention +threat stats ?

Thats it from me ,i know this post will come out rly aggresive but try not to consider it like that. I am just asking stuff to hear your opinion on the matter and to get a better grasp of your thinking process and why you do what you do with your character. I believe there are no true mistakes in ones character it all depends on whose point of view you are taking into account
Back to top Go down
Jarkhal

PostSubject: Re: Protection/Arms Warrior application   Protection/Arms Warrior application EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:18 pm

Hey there pinkzor and thank your for being through my application.My first matter regards the keybindings section,where you say that i lack some of them.As i mentioned my ui is not too 'fresh' due to my change of computer so i took one screenshot as soon as i installed wow to my computer.I am definetely using keybinds for things you mentioned and for sure for stances.
As for the threat priority i mention,aggro is irrelevant indeed but i believe that a general knowledge has to be taken for granted as well.
I think i answered all your questions and by the way,i don't think i came out aggressive Razz i take critisism to become better.Plus, i changed the talent tree.
Back to top Go down
Pinkzor

PostSubject: Re: Protection/Arms Warrior application   Protection/Arms Warrior application EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:37 am

It is nice you changed your talents to a more optimal build.However it is not what i asked obv Razz i just asked why you had those specific talents . Not saying they are wrong or anything i am just asking why you had them
Back to top Go down
Jarkhal

PostSubject: Re: Protection/Arms Warrior application   Protection/Arms Warrior application EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:45 am

Oh,probably i missunderstood the question Razz but honestly it was kinda wrong as a specc now that i tried it in more heroics as you mentioned above.Safeguard does a great job,plus the effection of victory rush was not the best option as i recognized.That's why the retalent and you proved right in most of the things you mentioned.There are some other builds as well i have tried out but trying them in heroic didn't work out tbh,such as 3 points in war academy and 2 in deep wounds,but this was more as a threat talent build to me.I prefer more the one i made today,it is more assistance than threat,while not having a threat problem ^^
Back to top Go down
Pinkzor

PostSubject: Re: Protection/Arms Warrior application   Protection/Arms Warrior application EmptyWed May 09, 2012 1:53 am

Contact Zaluchi ingame for a chat regarding your application Smile
Back to top Go down
Jake
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Protection/Arms Warrior application   Protection/Arms Warrior application EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:30 am

Yeah, I forgot to reply last night. Drop me a message in game when you're next on.
Back to top Go down
https://deceptionwow.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Protection/Arms Warrior application   Protection/Arms Warrior application Empty

Back to top Go down

Protection/Arms Warrior application
Page 1 of 1