Deception
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gloryrider - Protection (Retribution) Paladin

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gloryrider

Gloryrider - Protection (Retribution) Paladin Empty
PostSubject: Gloryrider - Protection (Retribution) Paladin   Gloryrider - Protection (Retribution) Paladin EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:51 am

About your character

Character name (include armory link):
Gloryrider @ EU-Twilight's Hammer

Race, class and spec:
Blood Elf, Paladin, Protection and Retribution

Professions and skill level:
Engineering and Jewelcrafting. Both maxed to 600.

Why do you play your class and spec?:
Over 2 years of playing WoW I haven't managed to find anything more interesting than tanking, and with mists coming I've liked Paladin tanking even better than before.
I like the feel of a tank being a central piece of a raid and that you can (have to!) fullfil so many roles at the same time. You can balance your healing VS your damage output and VS your damage intake on a boss-to-boss, be in charge of positioning the boss and thus, most of the raid.
And even as DPS a paladin maintains it's utility as a hybrid class having decent offheals without sacrificing any (or very little) of competitiveness on the damage meters.

Is this your main? If so, do you have any alts, and if not, what is your main?:
Yes it is and has always been. I had a 6 maxxed characters in Cataclysm, but so far only my most favoured alt, my priest Aethyx, has made it to 90 yet.

Outline an overview of your rotation:
The biggest priority in my rotation is generating holy power, and keeping the needed buffs up. Besides that, in 10-man (and 25m now with uncapped Vengeance) a tank's DPS can still make a big deal in killing a boss or not. 5% wipes are not uncommon, and even tanks can contribute or hinder in these situations.
This means I follow a general priority based system:
Crusader Strike > Judgment > Avenger's Shield (with proc) > Sacred Shield (close to running out) > Avenger's Shield (without proc) > Hammer of Wrath > Holy Wrath > Consecration > Sacred shield (on high duration)

That my Holy power-costing abilities are off the GCD makes it a lot easier to manage of course, which means I can put a lot of nuisance into changing my rotation over a fight based on wether more damage, more healing or more defense is required.

I can go very in-depth in this, also with sacred shield (or Eternal flame, for that matter) scaling with Vengeance levels and thus having interesting "vital timings" when to refresh, to make maximum use of it.

Tell us about any specific choices you've made regarding your class, whether it be gem selections or spec details:
Well, Here's a full breakdown of spec and glyph choices as protection (and mostly for Retri) paladins

Spoiler:

Here's some interesting info about stats and gems:

Spoiler:

About you

Location: inbetween the beer, waffles and chocolate, there is a country called Belgium

Tell us a bit about yourself: (hobbies etc.)
Gaming in general is definitely a hobby of mine, I stay up to date with recent releases and regularly buy indie games or games that are on sale on Steam.
This can range from RPG to RTS, FPS and anything else really.
Other hobbies include going squashing, windsurfing and going out with friends in the week(ends).

Oh, and skype-calling with my long-distance girlfriend. No worries, she knows better than to interupt raids Smile

Do you have any problem with communicating in English?:
Not at all, I have been raid leader before and am entirely confident in talking English with others

Raiding

Are you able to make the raid days mentioned in the other thread?:
Yes indeed.

What is your raiding experience, past and present?:
Raiding has been my prime occupation in WoW for a while now, about 2 years. (I've been playing for 2.5 years)
It started out very casual of course, can't play hardcore when you're a noob, in ICC. Later in Cataclysm I inherited the guild and raiding team when the GM quit.
I led the raids a little more progression-minded, but I was, again, very new to all of it. Luckily I got good feedback and had a nice team to back me up and we cleared full normal T11.
After that we merged with another semi-harcore guild and got 6/7HC (4 pre-nerf) T12. Around this time I started having a bunch of alts on which I'd clear Firelands with several heroics 2 to 4 times a week...

Then just when Dragon Soul came out I switched realms (went from Dragonmaw to Stormscale) and immediately found a really nice guild that accepted me into their main team after seeing my performance in the 2nd or 3rd week, when they needed me as replacement tank.
In this guild, Left Behind, we started HC progress about 4 weeks into release (some rerolls required gearing from normal) and we managed to catch up a lot of other guilds and got a competitive spot in the top 8 of the realm.
Sadly the team disbanded after killing Warmaster HC on the first day of the 5% nerf, several members found the progression rush over now the nerfs had hit, and went their own ways.
After this I guild-jumped around a bit, played a lot on my Priest alts with some friends I met on Stormscale, until I ended up in Divine Legacy, my previous guild. After 5.0.0 we cleared up until warmaster with the nerf turned off, and cleared 8/8DS HC often and easily.

In that guild we were aiming for some heavy progression in Mists, but due to a lot of issues with attendance and the likes we ended up slacking around a lot or having bad raids with back-up or PuGed raiders. Within the first few weeks of Mists we transferred here to Twilight's hammer due to Stormscale being flooded and 2-3hour queue times

And that brings us to the present, where I have knowledge of all normal fights and several Heroic ones. Having been raid leader or the last couple weeks my knowledge is in-depth and accurate.

Are you willing to use an offspec that would benefit progression?:
Yes indeed, be glad I did not discuss my ret spec or this app would take up several more kb on your website Smile

We use Teamspeak 3 during raids, are you able to use this?:
I have so many voice comms I can't keep track anymore, i'm sure TS is in there somewhere!

Do you have a microphone? (not mandatory but is useful):
Well, could never have lead a raid without a microphone, tbh.

General questions

Why Deception?:
It's a guild with the progress that I would've liked to compete with, and know that I can compete with, at this stage. Sadly that did not come to pass and thus I'll have to take a shot at joining.

I'll be honest, this is not the only guild I've applied to since raiding is my top-prio in this game and I want to get started in an amazing good guild right away if possible. This however doesn't mean I will waste your time by posting meaningless apps. If I would get a positive reply for a trial raid or a chat in-game (or on skype/ts/...) I assure I will be there and not just ignore it and well, waste your time. As long as you don't waste mine Smile

Do you know of any of our members?:
Not at all, but if I join that shouldn't take too long.

Which guilds have you previously been a part of and why are you no longer a member?:
Well, the experience and "why deception" part sums it up really. The guild I'm in is not what I'm looking for and is kind of disbanding as we speak. I want to raid, and I want a team that puts in at least as much effort as I do.

Any additional information that you would like to add about yourself or anything else:
Me? I'm just a nice guy who's dedicated and knows what he's doing. Even though most of my application concerns my Protection spec, I am fully up-to-date (and geared) with my retribution spec and can thus easily fulfill the needs of a raiding team, like any serious raid should be able to.
My knowledge of English is better than most native English speakers and I have no issue with rubbing that in their face either!

Oh, and I try to have a not-too-offensive sense of humour. I'm also adult enough to be sure it's not grammatically correct to use "fucking" or "retarded" 3 times per sentence. I expect the same of the people I converse with Smile

Other than that I hope my application gave you all the information you needed, whether it be about my character/experience or my personality as a raider.
Looking forward hearing from you.

Sincerely
Gloryrider
Back to top Go down
Gloryrider

PostSubject: Re: Gloryrider - Protection (Retribution) Paladin   Gloryrider - Protection (Retribution) Paladin EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 4:54 am

withdrawing application due to horrible (non-existing?) response time.
Back to top Go down
monstermatt

monstermatt

PostSubject: Re: Gloryrider - Protection (Retribution) Paladin   Gloryrider - Protection (Retribution) Paladin EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:01 am

ok Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gloryrider - Protection (Retribution) Paladin   Gloryrider - Protection (Retribution) Paladin Empty

Back to top Go down

Gloryrider - Protection (Retribution) Paladin
Page 1 of 1