Deception
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mistweaver Monk

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lewild

Mistweaver Monk Empty
PostSubject: Mistweaver Monk   Mistweaver Monk EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:11 am

About your character
Mistweaver Monk, been playing since day 1 8 years ago, but skipped Cata due to military service, but now i am back for good :-)

Character name (include armory link):
Lewild,
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/lewild/simple

Race, class and spec:
male blood elf,holy monk. everyone makes fun of that. dont know why.

Professions and skill level:
herbalism (600) inscription (600)

Why do you play your class and spec?:
well, I ve been rank 13 mage merciless gladiator hunter and feral dru/disc priest in wotlk. Had to stop for a couple of years as mentioned above and sold my account, therefore I had to buy a new empty one. So since I was gonna start from scratch, I decided to roll the new class, would probably be overpowered like dks at 80. Monk is an intresting class to say the least, and hasnt let me down so far.

Is this your main? If so, do you have any alts, and if not, what is your main?:
This is my main. However I just dinged 90 with a prot Pally, i could bring him over if you want :-)

Outline an overview of your rotation:
Depends on the situation and my assignment. the most important thing is to keep renewing mist up at all times to as many members of the raid as possible. If my assignment is raid heal do as many uplifts as possible, if i m on tanks I keep zen spheer on one and heal accordingly with soothing mist. If spike occurs i instly do surging mist. When i gather 3 chi i do enveloping mist. Fortunately i am not a bot and could write a whole page on monk playstyle but I dont think thats what you would want of me.

Tell us about any specific choices you've made regarding your class, whether it be gem selections or spec details:
As all healers my first priority was to feel comfortable with my mana regen and therefore ii prefer to socket spirit. Then on, i had to cap the haste, get 11,67% so i earn an extra tick on renewing mist in raids along with the spell haste buff. i will not lie, windwalker monk is way more exciting as all dpsing specs. I decided to play healer since I didnt know many people as I am new on the server, trying to be a little more wanted as a healer.

About you
I am orestis, I come from Greece but currently live in Istanbul. I am a lawyer and do freelance here.

Orestis Alevropoulos

Tell us a bit about yourself: (hobbies etc.)
Unlike most people spending endless hours with wow, I am very athletic and active. however i ve always been a gamer in my life, its stronger than me and dont thing i ll ever be able to quit playing.

Do you have any problem with communicating in English?:
I am bilingual.

Raiding

Are you able to make the raid days mentioned in the other thread?:
Yes I am always available in the afternoons

What is your raiding experience, past and present?:
I have raided the sh&&%$t out of vanilla. Back to when raiding was personal and not computerised with a gazilion addons interfaces and dps meters. Was hardcore through Mc bwl and Aq, did SSC The eye and first couple of bosses of BT and Hyjal, and puged through level 80, since it was doable. Ulduar, naxx and later ToC and ICC.

Are you willing to use an offspec that would benefit progression?:
Of course I am, in fact id love too. However my gear is very limited at the moment. My dps gear is at 468 while my healing is at 480

We use Teamspeak 3 during raids, are you able to use this?:
Of course, who doesnt?

Do you have a microphone? (not mandatory but is useful):
Mic and headwhones completely opperational.

General questions

Why Deception?:
I read the recruitment message in /2. The progress seems more than I could hope for. I d be lucky to join the core of such a fast progressing team.

Do you know of any of our members?:
Unfortunately not.

Which guilds have you previously been a part of and why are you no longer a member?:
I started by being a member of defiance. But since they werent raiding i went out to find someone who did. I ended up raiding with samurai. Very nice and competitive group but they gave up on 10s and started 25s. I ve always been a small group man. i feel that its nicer, faster more personal and more skill based.

Any additional information that you would like to add about yourself or anything else:
I am looking for a guild that needs a healer. not backup, not a benchwarmer, someone they really need to progress with. I ll be on time flasked and full of foods for a guild that will take advantage of me and use me to move on.
Back to top Go down
Holymys

Mistweaver Monk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistweaver Monk   Mistweaver Monk EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:16 am

well i find this a pretty well written apply unlike most. although he does seem to lack a bit of gear and exp i think it should be more then enough if all the information in the apply is correct. i vote yes (+ monk healing is op from what i've heard).
Back to top Go down
Jake
Admin

Mistweaver Monk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistweaver Monk   Mistweaver Monk EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:00 pm

Holymys wrote:
well i find this a pretty well written apply unlike most. although he does seem to lack a bit of gear and exp i think it should be more then enough if all the information in the apply is correct. i vote yes (+ monk healing is op from what i've heard).
Monk healing got nerfed pretty heavily in 5.1 though we'll have a look through the application.
Back to top Go down
https://deceptionwow.forumotion.co.uk
Holymys

Mistweaver Monk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistweaver Monk   Mistweaver Monk EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:20 pm

yeah i researched into it after writing my comment. didnt know it got nerfed.
Back to top Go down
Lewild

Mistweaver Monk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistweaver Monk   Mistweaver Monk EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 1:36 am

Yes indeed. Not overpowered anymore, but fairly equal to any other healer as my experience has showed me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mistweaver Monk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistweaver Monk   Mistweaver Monk Empty

Back to top Go down

Mistweaver Monk
Page 1 of 1