Deception
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Resto druid/Feral Off spec

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiftface

Resto druid/Feral Off spec Empty
PostSubject: Resto druid/Feral Off spec   Resto druid/Feral Off spec EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:30 am

About your character

Character name: Shiftface

Race, class and spec: Tauren Druid Resto/Feral DD

Professions and skill level: Jc 525 Ench 491

Why do you play your class and spec?:
My druid is my 1st character i made and my favourite character i made always loved it as feral and resto .I love playing my druid tbh mostly of the switching form idea etc (animal carer)I mostly play resto and feral never played just one but i prefer feral i really do like playing feral because they isnt a class like a feral dps imo so much skill for it and fun and dedication to reach top level.Resto is class aswell i love all the hots going on all the green numbers.Just love it.

Is this your main? If so, do you have any alts, and if not, what is your main?:
Sadly this aint been my main in this tier no guilds that i joined didnt need a druid my current main is a warlock and i do have 3 alts all DS hc ready. Why i am changing back to my druid is becuase i want him as my main again my warlock is alliance and i dont really adore that that much.(Feardotnlol)

About you

Tell us a bit about yourself: (hobbies etc.) Heya well 1st i am half english half greek i live in a nice island called Creta.I love to work as my job is a barman i do play kickbox occasionaly like to date girls enjoy my life u see.I play ps3 alot aswell games like Fifa and that.I have been playing wow tho for the past 5-6 years sadly(happily really) its become a routine of life all those years this game now.

Do you have any problem with communicating in English?:
None at all since i half english i speak it fluenlty.

Raiding

Are you able to make the raid days mentioned in the other thread?:
Yes i am.

What is your raiding experience, past and present?:
Vanilla:None i was socialer pvper etc.
TBC:Was still socialer did the odd few karazhan and grull lair.
Wotlk:I cleared all on hc part from sindragosa lich king and TOC 25 hc anub rak.I have split the progress on multiple chars
thats why it aint all on my druid.
Cata:Tier 11:Bot 4/4 1/4hc 1/2 Toftw Bwd 6/7 while was conent then i went for a long break because of real life baddies.so in FL didnt get much but i do now have 6/7 hc with the glory achivment.And Ds HC 6/8 HC and many nights of wipes on spine.

Are you willing to use an offspec that would benefit progression?:
Yes ofcourse more than happy.

We use Teamspeak 3 during raids, are you able to use this?:
Yes

Do you have a microphone? (not mandatory but is useful):
Yes and i speak alot sadly.

General questions

Why Deception?:
Well i am new on this realm so since i been here 1month now been searching for a decent/good raiding guild.My gear aint so crazy and great but its enough i have full confidence about my self for heroic modes.I wanna joing for serious raiding enviroment to make friends with the guild and a hopefully a home so i wont have to hop from the lack of peoples sence of brain like in the past.And what i heard from other people u are a good guild.

Do you know of any of our members?:
No i dont.

Which guilds have you previously been a part of and why are you no longer a member?:
In cata i have been in a few guilds was in Horizon from wotlk about 3 years in that guild but i left because when Cata hit they went social and wasnt much raiding going wich explains my lack of progress in tier 11 so before my bad stuff happend in life i went to Mental but i was raiding with them about 1 motnh then i had to go AFK so i lost my spot and since then ive been looking for a new home.Joined Intense as officer but i fell out with the GM.So i went alliance on my DK joined Avalanche then disband after 3 weeks i was there.So i went Gauntlet and they didnt want my druid so i joined on my Lock sadly wich i regret and am gonna leave because i hate my warlock.

Any additional information that you would like to add about yourself or anything else:
Yes my gear is low but what i said above i will be sure to Proove right.I never miss a raid unless i get hit by a truck keep that in mind :)And my feral gear is slightly better than resto just i have pvp spec atm as feral but will change that if u like Smile
GL me..Smile
Back to top Go down
Pinkzor

PostSubject: Re: Resto druid/Feral Off spec   Resto druid/Feral Off spec EmptyTue May 08, 2012 11:28 am

You have 6/8 hc xp with lots of wipes on madness on your druid ?

Also when you mention guilds at least let us on on which realms those where located
Back to top Go down
helldonyt

helldonyt

PostSubject: Subject: Resto druid/Feral Off spec   Resto druid/Feral Off spec EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:43 pm

I see you have 3 points in furor why do you choose this over genesis?Also you way over haste cap maybe you should chnange your gems or reforge into crit/masteryand on your wrists maybe a 50 intel enchant would be better as it is heroic wrists and mastery on boots or gloves?

Haste cap is 2005.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Shiftface

PostSubject: Re: Resto druid/Feral Off spec   Resto druid/Feral Off spec EmptyTue May 08, 2012 11:16 pm

those guilds were in Nordrassil sorry and no i dont have 6 heroic and wipes on madness on my druid i have it on my lock like i mentioned that my lock is my main at the moment and i didnt say many wipes on madness but spine.
Why i use 3/3 furor because i have tried both specs and i prefer the one i am using at the moment suits my play style better.
And for the haste cap i was hoping to get the shoulders of t13 wich aint droping for me atm to fix my cap but i will remove the haste enchants so i drop to lower haste.The warlock i mentioned is called Feardotnlol on the realm of nordrassil in the Gauntlet.
Back to top Go down
Pinkzor

PostSubject: Re: Resto druid/Feral Off spec   Resto druid/Feral Off spec EmptyWed May 09, 2012 1:22 am

First of all nice name Smile

Frankly its not the ilvl that worries me or the lack of experience , after all you did post an alt with similar experience and although roles may differ i think that is something we can sort
Firstly you failed to post anything relevant about the class you are applying with. Like your rotation , why you have specced/gemmed/enchanted the way you did and so on. This is not so we can sit here and troll you but so we can get a better view of you and why you do things. After an application is just that an application its your resume if you will for a spot with us.

Secondly I have no knowledge of druids or warlocks for that matter so i may be entirely wrong but your enchants seem wrong no 50 intelect on bracers on either character cannot be right. Also no crafted Bracers on your lock also does not feel right .

It is my personal opinion that power torrent on a healer is completely USELESS unless you NEVER have mana issues in a fight and can handle any type of OH SHIT situation with no mana problems . You cannot control when the proc will come so it might go completely to waste and it is not like you can control it even it happens you cannot put 1.7 hots on someone so you benefit from the extra spellpower and not overheal. I am a firm believer that heartsong is the way to go for healing enchants . As the proc will always save you mana and more mana means more heals. However this is just a personal preference. ( After a heated discussion with someone , i will have to annul the above statement. PT is much more usefull than i gave it credit so ignore this part)

Regarding your talents 3rd point in moonglow > 3rd point in furor it is not a matter of preference it is a fact.
Furor vs. Genesis: On paper, the extra mana tends to look a bit stronger, but if you often find yourself finishing encounters with mana to spare, you might get more value out of Genesis. I assume you do not have mana issues cause you had the PT weapon enchant.
Back to top Go down
Shiftface

PostSubject: Re: Resto druid/Feral Off spec   Resto druid/Feral Off spec EmptyWed May 09, 2012 3:10 am

Yes i didnt realize that was what u wanted for an answer sorry.
Rotation:
Well normaly before the pull hot up the tank with reju lifebloom wild growth then lets say the fight has the DBM timer that i will know some damage will happen in the next few seconds i try to reju a target that is bestest of all and nearest of all the raid members so the efflorance will get more targets.Always use regrowth on a clearcast rarely use it on a normal condition maybe some times in a what u say OH SHIT situation but if needed ill use tranq or tree form but i tend to keep tree form for more intense single target healing since tranq is a better/faster solution to big aoe solutions.
My gems and enchants i do like i always but i do follow certain sites elitists jerks but sometimes i do prefer to take advice of people that i know better and we often hang out with together in raids and we try all the types of specs glyths and gemming but i have ended up like this intelect for red haste int yellow spirit int in blue not like it culd of been done elseway but i do like to try all diferent things with my class my lack of enchants has been because i didnt really take much notice of it but i do now realize the point and i have sorted that out no excuse.
For my lock i was hoping to get hagara heroic bracers to put the 50 int enchant really thats the only reason i did no do it on my lock.
I liked the though of ur power torrent opinion but here is mine.
PT gives 500 int=stronger heals so less healing=save more mana but thats just a short way why i used PT not because i coppied someone else but i have tried heartsong in the past aswell.
And i respec the way u feel about the 3 point in genesis and i will change that since like u said i do rarely stay out of mana but i am not sure about heroic yet.Because i aint done those fights on heroic mode not like that will make me panic and get worried about the challenge always up for a chalenge but i will change it when i logg on.
And thanks for the point outs and sorry for the lack of information in this application i shouldnt be a amature on applications still.
have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Pinkzor

PostSubject: Re: Resto druid/Feral Off spec   Resto druid/Feral Off spec EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:15 am

Serious facepalm on your new spec.

No moonglow really ?

I was not debating Genesis vs Moonglow , it was furor vs genesis and in the above line i mentioned that moonglow is where you want your points before you even start thinking furor . Tbh you just went ahead a followed an advice you misinterpreted and a bad one for that matter .

Are you sure you understand the class you are applying with ?

If i was you when applying in a guild i would make sure my character is ready to be inspected and up to date with everything.Not wait to receive feedback from people and then change my toon around to their liking. I personally prefer a player who can analyse and make decisions .
Back to top Go down
Shiftface

PostSubject: Re: Resto druid/Feral Off spec   Resto druid/Feral Off spec EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:28 am

Yes really i prefer furor over moonglow its my healing style manawise etc.
And yes i do know what i am applying u saw just the spec you didnt even read the way i play the class.
Theres not only one playstyle in everyclass fyi.
Also i dont know why i am talking to you about this as u mentioned earlier that u dont have knowledge about druids
SHouldnt this a conversation between me and helldonyt.?
And i said that was my mistake about being up to date with it.
Back to top Go down
Jake
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Resto druid/Feral Off spec   Resto druid/Feral Off spec EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:34 am

I've had the Furor vs Genesis discussion a good few times in the past as my druid has been my lifelong main, raiding across all four specs. In my opinion, furor is never an option unless of course mana is a serious issue on the fight (which it shouldn't be) or the encounter caters more for larger mana pools (I can't think of a fight in the current content where this applies). Any remaining mana at the end of a boss fight is classed as wasted mana and I guarantee that there aren't many fights where you're completely OOM. The only two fights I've found so far throughout heroic DS where this has even been the case are Zon'ozz (I ended completely out of mana during our progression kill) and spine (the encounter isn't discipline friendly).

As Pink previously said, Genesis is an increase in healing numbers and it's a fact. As I just stated, there'll hardly be any fights where you'll be out of mana, meaning the extra healing done is very welcome. Moonglow also goes hand in hand with Genesis as the cheaper heals make up for the slightly lower mana pool. Most decent druids I see tend to roll with either 3/3 Genesis and 2/3 Moonglow, or 2/3 Genesis and 3/3 Moonglow. I believe the better your gear gets, the more viable the latter becomes.

I see that you're also using the 2% maximum mana meta gem. Again, the same applies to what I previously stated about furor. Unless the encounter requires you to have a larger mana pool OR you're having trouble with mana then this is the way to go. Myself and most other druids prefer the 3% crit effect meta as again, number wise it's a healing increase.

As regards to Power Torrent, it's pretty much the way to go for resto druids. Heartsong is only really viable for 2 or 3 healing specs, those being holy paladin and resto shaman as the obvious choices and possibly a holy priest (I still believe PT is better for the latter). Discipline priests strive off of intellect with spirit being a fairly useless stat and I know that resto druids also get big benefits from the PT proc. PT allows for bigger mana gains from innervate, which is the main source of mana regen.

Anyway, I'll let Blinding leave his mark here before wrapping this up.
Back to top Go down
https://deceptionwow.forumotion.co.uk
blinding

PostSubject: Re: Resto druid/Feral Off spec   Resto druid/Feral Off spec EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:41 am

Hello, thanks for your time for filling out the application . Smile

There are just a few questions I'd like to ask you about your reforging/gem/talents. For your reforges, I'm just wondering why you have so much spirit on your gear? Mastery/crit, is usually better for all fights - except spine, druids at the current stat shouldn't have much mana problems really.

Secondly, using the Burning ember meta gem ( 54 crit+ 3% increase crit ) maths out to be better than the one with +2% increase mana pool. You also used a +20 int + 20 spirit gem on your hands/shoulders, for a total of 30 int+20 spirit, according to EJ+MMO-C, 40 int>30int+20spirit.

As for talents, moonglow is actually the better talent of the 2 to put points in, as illustrated by this graph http://www.cannotbetamed.com/2011/07/19/moonglow-vs-furor/

As a druid ( which I play one ), you should be trying to max your healing out-put, and with your current build it seems that you'r trying to save some extra mana when it's not really needed at the cost of healing output.

That's all from me now,
Best of luck Smile
Back to top Go down
Shiftface

PostSubject: Re: Resto druid/Feral Off spec   Resto druid/Feral Off spec EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:55 am

Okay with these two asnwer towards my furor spec has "peswayed" me lets say to agree.About the meta i didnt think crit would be important but i guess i will have to try that out too.
About the reforges i do like spirit alot for not having to worry for my mana in any case but if i lower it i might have some doubts for heroic modes but yet like i said i aint tried heroic encounters as healer on a druid but i think i will get the hang of it so ye thats was the reason i actually kept the spirit on.I cant argue about the the graph i was wrong!
About the hands and shoulders yes u correct didnt notice the bonus was only +10 was thinking it was +20.
Back to top Go down
helldonyt

helldonyt

PostSubject: Resto druid/Feral Off spec    Resto druid/Feral Off spec EmptyThu May 10, 2012 12:22 am

Understand you have different play styles like all of us, but its prefered to have stronger heals than lots of mana you wont even use during 90% of fights. Going for overall mana is not always the best option its like a a dps class trying to get as much stamina as possible which is useless. Furor can go for pvp.

Also with gemming and reforges its worthless stacking spirit as you have innervate numerous times during fights which can top you up quick.You could reforge spirit into crit rather.Once you have haste cap its best to go for mastery which increases your direct healing or crit which causes heals to heal for 100% more on crit heals.

Power torrent is always tops for resto druids unless you dont have gold to buy it then you could go for hurricane(useless) or heartsong.

You also really need to change those major glyphs you do not need any of them for resto. The best ones to take would be
Glyph of healing touch becauses it reduces the cd on natures swiftness by 10sec each cast
Glyph of rebirth is really important for obvious reasons
Glyph of wild growth is up to you, but its much better than any of the mojor glyphs you currently have.

Personally i would loose the meta socket asap and remove the 2 points from furor and put them in moonglow and take a good look at those glyphs, but im not here to tell you how to play your class.

Good luck

Back to top Go down
Shiftface

PostSubject: Re: Resto druid/Feral Off spec   Resto druid/Feral Off spec EmptyThu May 10, 2012 3:29 am

Yes i do agree about the gems and the furor now i have changed that i did some reforging but it didnt do all my gear didnt want to drop my spirit that low.About my majors i had two pvp specs(feral) and i forgot to change them i prefer wild growth i prefer the extra member.Tried the meta with the crit i do like it.
Back to top Go down
Jake
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Resto druid/Feral Off spec   Resto druid/Feral Off spec EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:53 pm

I'll wrap this up anyway since it's unfair to keep you waiting. We're going to turn you away as I don't think we'd be able to fit you into our roster but we hope that the advice that's been given will aid you in finding another guild. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
https://deceptionwow.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resto druid/Feral Off spec   Resto druid/Feral Off spec Empty

Back to top Go down

Resto druid/Feral Off spec
Page 1 of 1