Deception
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Guarana - Fire Mage

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guarana

Guarana - Fire Mage Empty
PostSubject: Guarana - Fire Mage   Guarana - Fire Mage EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 7:48 am

About your character

Character name (include armory link):
GuaranĂ  - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Guaran%C3%A0/advanced
Race, class and spec:
Undead Mage, Main spec - Fire.
Professions and skill level:
I got both Engineering and Jewelcrafting maxed up.
Why do you play your class and spec?:
I have played my Mage all my WoW life.The day I started playing (6 years ago) I created it and It has been my main ever since.I just like the playstyle, even though it changed a bit in MoP.I am playing Fire because currently it is the best PvE specc.It is the ultimate DPS spec and provides tons of damage.Currently I have Temporal Shield as my Tier 2 talent and Cauterize as Tie 4 talent, so I am assured that I have good survivability too.
Is this your main? If so, do you have any alts, and if not, what is your main?:
Yes, this is my main and as I have mentioned above, have always been.I have an 90 alt on other server and it is Warrior, not worth linking armory since i'm not playing him very often and the gear I have is craftable.
Outline an overview of your rotation:
My spell rotation priorities are :

Prepull channel Invocation>>Cast Mirror Image and use Trinket (if any) or Gloves (im an Engineer)>Hardcast Pyroblast

Priority list goes:

1.Refresh Invoker's Energy buff

2.Use combustion with high ignite and pyroblast dot

3.Use Instant pyroblast if aviable (best case scenario with Heating Up if I can get it with IB)

4.Refresh Living Bomb

5.Use IB when Heating Up procs so I can get instant pyroblast.

6.Fireball

7.Mirror Image on CD.

For aoeing I cast Living Bomb then IB to spread it and cast Flamestrike on CD, when its not off I spam Arcane Explosion if I can be in the mobs.
Tell us about any specific choices you've made regarding your class, whether it be gem selections or spec details:
There is a lot of arguing amongst Mage forums about gemming. Some say that Int gems are beter, others say that Crit gems are better.Personaly I think that Crit gems currently are better choice, especially wth 2set bonus.I prefer landing more Pyros rather than hitting FBs for bit more.I have made some tests and I ended up concluding that Crit is better.
About my talents, it's pretty much standart talents used by most of the mages in PvE.The only arguable talent is the last tier, which I have Invokation right now.I'd like to note that this talent can, and will be changed depending on fights.For example there are fights where you take damage constantly and you have to move more than usual, then I would go for Incanter's Ward, but on other fights you dont take so much damage and dont need to move a lot, then I would prefer Invocation.It's about adapting after all.

About you

Christian
Tell us a bit about yourself: (hobbies etc.)
Well, my name is Christian and right now I am a student.I used to practice basketball, but as I moved to another city in order to study, I abandoned it.I am a hardworking person who always strives for best performance.I can assure you that I am a dedicated and fast learner, who always comes prepared for raids.I also am a very friendly and positive person, willing to help guildies anytime.I will offer you a solid raider,a player that is always ready to work for guild.
Do you have any problem with communicating in English?:
No, not at all.

Raiding

Are you able to make the raid days mentioned in the other thread?:
Yes.
What is your raiding experience, past and present?:
I have cleared everything in Vanilla, TBC and up to Icc in WoTLK. After that I decided to take a break from WoW and I came back at mid Cataclysm, but since I was last year at school I had no time and I mainly did PvP.In MoP I have cleared everything so far but in Raid Finder(I have done 1st and 2nd bosses in MSV in a 10man normal).I am a fast learner so I dont think not having 10man experience will be a problem.If I get accepted, I will make sure to read/watch the tactics of all bosses we have to do.
Are you willing to use an offspec that would benefit progression?:
Yes, ofcourse.I can play any spec the guild needs.
We use Teamspeak 3 during raids, are you able to use this?:
Yes
Do you have a microphone? (not mandatory but is useful):
Yes, and I am not afraid to talk.I used to be an officer in my previous guild so I have no problem talking, but I also know when to keep my mouth shut.

General questions

Why Deception?:
I expect a friendly attitude, a nice and steady progress and most of all epics. Haha, I'm joking on the last one ofcourse Smile.I chose it because it's one of the good guilds on this server.I recently transferred from a dead server so I don't have an overview of the guilds here.All I know about you is from Wowprogress.Anyways, I believe you are a good guild which raids 3 days a week(this perfectly suits me) yet you have nice and steady progress.
Do you know of any of our members?:
Unfortunately not.
Which guilds have you previously been a part of and why are you no longer a member?:
Well, it's abit messed up situation here, but I will try to be as short as possible.

I have been in very few guilds, some of my first ones were on my first server Neptulon, on ally side.During early TBC i was in few guilds, which are not worth mentioning at all, because they are unknown and disbanded long ago.Then around mid TBC (TK/SSC) I joined a guild called Prepared.We cleared everything on TBC, up to Brutallus in Sunwell, then summer came and the guild took a few months break from raiding.We came back at the release of WOTLK but since Neptulon was too overcrowded, we decided to take a free migration to Jaedenar, and renamed to United.With United we cleared everything in WOTLK including Glory of The Ulduar Raider (Firefighter - 18.08.09), A Tribute to Mad Skill(11.06.09).Then, after killng few bosses in ICC, I decided to quit the game as I was graduating and had no time to play.I came back after Cataclysm was released, but my guild had disbanded by the end of WoTLK, and also I wanted to be more casual, I decided to transfer to Vashj and play PvP only.But now when MoP hit, I felt that old sense in me, making me wanna raid, and as I am a student with plenty of free time, I decided to start PvEing again, but on dead server like Vashj it was impossible(only has 2 10man guilds that are decent) and I decided to transfer to Twilight's Hammer.

I would like to point out that I was an officer for most of the lifetime of my guild, and I was one of the people that the guild relied on the most.

Any additional information that you would like to add about yourself or anything else:
Well, I think I said everything I wanted.

Just want to thank you in advance for reading my application.

All the best,
Chris.
Back to top Go down

Guarana - Fire Mage
Page 1 of 1